Flirting tips and advice from your dating coach
It’s cold outside but it doesn’t have to be cold inside….
Never underestimate the power of flirting, and the trick is to always go beyond your comfort zone if you want to see results happen and new romantic opportunities arise for you.
I am going to be sharing with you my top ten list of flirting techniques that I have seen work time and time again, try it out for yourself and see the immediate impact you will make!
- Smile at the person you would like to make a connection with. This can be called a provocative eye gaze; you drop one in at intervals! Keep the smile about you when you are out, that way you will attract people who will want to talk to you. A smile is inviting, contagious and sexy.
- Eye contact is truly important it breaks down the barriers and encourages the other person. When you hold eye contact you are showing confidence and interest, two very attractive qualities. Also be attentive to the person you are talking to and try not to let your eyes wander.
- Asking questions allows you to get the other person talking and relaxing, which is what you want. Ask open ended questions such as ‘when you are not here what else do you enjoy doing?’ Get your companion to talk about favourite films or books, this puts them at ease.
- Listening to the answers!! I heard of so many missed opportunities where the other person simply has not listened to the answers and has either ignored or talked over their date.Take your time; there really is no rush to get all the information out, no one wants to feel like they are on a game show! Go slowly in your conversation and really take an interest.Humour may not sound like a flirting tip and believe me it is! If you can make someone laugh they will stay chatting twice as long. We are not talking about hysterics, simply learn to see the funny side in situations and share your jokes.
- Compliment the person you are talking to, just go for it, one or two is fine and just slip them in every now and then. ‘How come you have no t been snapped up yet?’ ‘The colour of your jumper really sets of our eyes’. Make it real.Touch is very powerful in feeling close to someone and building a familiarity. A little tap on the arm or touch on the shoulder can help put someone at ease and make him or her feel closer. It is also a lovely warm way to show you are interested.
- Give space and don’t cling to someone all night, it’s like a push pull, show you are interested and then give them air. Be relaxed and don’t make it feel pressurised. Your date should feel that you want to get to know them as a friend and not just a sexual conquest.
- Have fun and don’t take it too seriously, when you are light and breezy people want to be around you. Look for opportunities to enjoy and capitalise on your time out.
- One for luck – Practice makes perfect!!
I bring you first-hand practical advice on how to meet and flirt with someone you like when you are out and about. Whether it’s online or face-to-face, try it out and see the difference. If you think you would benefit from some one to one coaching please contact me for further help.
All you ever wanted to know about dating!!!
* How can I meet someone?
* How will I know if they are right for me?
* Where should I go to meet people to date?
These questions are the top three questions I get asked every day and so I have decided to give you the answers, right here on my website…
I hope that someday soon I will be sharing my insights with you personally and giving you the knowledge and self-belief to move forward.
Why am I not meeting the right guy for me?
Why have I not meet the right girl for me?
How do you want to meet someone? Have you truly thought about what works for you and what has worked in the past? Have you connected well over the Internet or found it better socialising face to face? Only YOU know the answer, and there ARE lots of singles forums to MEET people, so no more excuses please, get on line or scroll down for my suggestions!
Imagine you are in a bar and the man/ woman of your dreams walks in (I did say imagine). How would you like him or her to notice you?
a) By you sitting in the corner with your arms folded.
b) Standing by the bar with a drink in your hand, smiling and open to chatting to whoever looks friendly.
c) On the dance floor having fun
Do remember that you are 50% responsible for catching someone’s eye, so don’t let an opportunity slide by. Always be receptive and warm, allow space for the person to come and approach you or even better, go and approach them.
How will I know if they are right for me?
This takes practice so go easy on yourself, in truth do you REALLY need to know straight away!!
Seriously though, how do you feel when you are with this person? Are you smiling or shrinking into yourself? Are you having fun or waiting for him or her to move on? Do you feel a connection? Do you feel understood and heard? These are just some of the questions to be asking yourself.
Where do I go to meet someone if I am single?
- Singles events/ dinners
- Dinner dates, speed dating
- Walking groups, book club…
- Meet ups (www.meetup.com)
- Internet sites
- Take up ceroc, salsa dancing, 5 rhythms dance etc…
- Bars, pubs, friends of friends….
Suggested favourite dating sites;
JDate.com (for Jewish singles)
I set you a challenge for the coming week, make two social arrangements where you are going to meet new people. Make sure you go and take it for what it is, a fun night out, who knows whom you may meet!
Please let me know all the success stories!!!